The Minnesota Public Health Association (MPHA) conference will build on the 2013 theme of Health in All Policies (HiAP) and Health Equity. This year’s conference will emphasize taking actions toward and visioning next steps for improving population health with an emphasis on equity. The breakout session themes include: implementation and operationalization of HiAP, health equity and social justice: getting to action, and transdisciplinary public health: cross sector partnership and community engagement.
- Cite examples of HiAP strategies being implemented in Minnesota
- Describe current initiatives in Minnesota to create health equity
- Cite examples of cross-sector partnerships and policies that impact health
- Understand key public health legislative policies impacting health equity
- Identify strategies for engaging communities in improving health
All stakeholders interested in improving the health of Minnesota communities.
MN CHW Alliance Partnership
The 2014 MN Community Health Worker Alliance Statewide Conference will be held in conjunction with MPHA's Annual Conference on day two of the conference!
Alliance and MPHA conference registrants will participate in a joint opening plenary and breakout sessions on the morning of June 5th. The Alliance conference will continue into the afternoon with a luncheon, plenary program, and breakouts. MPHA conference registrants have the opportunity to attend the afternoon programming of the CHW Alliance Conference for an additional registration fee (paid in advance). To register for the CHW Alliance portion of the conference click here.
The Commons Hotel
615 Washington Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414