Welcome to MPHA's Voting and Public Health resource page. As a 501(c)3 independent public health association, we are happy to share information that aligns with our member-supported priorities, including our Voter Registration and Participation Resolution, Policy & Advocacy and Health Equity Committee work.
What You Can Do
- Adopt policies and position statements in your professional, academic, and community organizations to promote civic and voter participation
- Build political will for inclusive civic and voting policies by conducting and sharing research on health and voting (e.g., Health & Democracy Index)
- Promote inclusive opportunities to register and vote including restoration of voting rights for citizens with past criminal convictions
- Serve as election workers and support organizational policies to encourage co-workers to serve as election workers
- Engage your elected representatives between elections
- Incorporate voter education into your everyday practice using tools such as the Healthy Voting Guides
- Resources from additional partners are posted below!
For more information or to join us in this work email the Health Equity Committee or Policy & Advocacy Committee.