"Achieving Health Equity in Minnesota": A roundtable discussion featuring guest speakers who bring different perspectives on how to achieve health equity in Minnesota, which has some of the worst race-based disparities in the country in health outcomes and access to healthcare.
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Time: 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
Location: Kagin Commons - Alexander G. Hill Ballroom
21 Snelling Ave S, St Paul, MN 55105
- Rose Roach - National Coordinator for the Labor Campaign for Single Payer and Chair of Healthcare for All Minnesota
- Dr. J'Mag Karbeah - health services researcher on structural racism and maternal/child health issues at the University of Minnesota
- Dr. Maria Veronica Svetaz - director of Aqui Para Ti/Here for You clinic-based development program in South Minneapolis and Hennepin Healthcare
- Brian Rood - Health Equity specialist at Optum Healthcare / UnitedHealth Group
- Miranda Harris Martinez '18 - medical student, University of Minnesota
- Organizers: Dr. Eric Carter (Geography) and Dr. Vanessa Voller (International Studies)
This symposium is funded through a grant from the Macalester College's Racial Justice Project Fund.
To attend in person, please register by Sunday, September 24, 2023.
Register to attend in-person
Register to attend virtually
Audience: Alumni, Faculty, Parents and Families, Public, Staff, Students
Admission: no cost
Sponsors: Geography, International Studies, Special Events